Good Monday evening, everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend, and that your week is off to a great start. Morgan has had a reasonable past couple of days; although, she chose to stay indoors all day Saturday due to being fatigued. She did enjoy a little time out of the house yesterday morning with her father & I while watching THE UPSIDE at a nearby movie theater. Since her immune system is generally low, we always try to go to the first showing of the day, if we go. This has worked out best for us in many ways, especially since there are very few people in attendance.
That said, Morgan did experience some dizziness off and on while we were at the theater and for some time afterwards. There were actually a number of times when she had to hang on to either John or myself to keep from falling. I honestly don’t know what the cause of it was, but it seemed to resolve as the day progressed. We will discuss this with her physician at her upcoming appointment or sooner, if it occurs again. Let’s pray that it doesn’t.
With that said, we will plan on updating you guys here again on Wednesday. Please be sure to follow Morgan on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Team-Morgan-1965696367072741/ , until then. May you guys get a goodnights rest, and have an awesome Tuesday! Sweet dreams!
Yesterday, Morgan and I spent the majority of the day at the hospital where she received 2 units of blood. Since her relapse in June, she has needed transfusions every 1-2 weeks. In the beginning, it was actually a couple of times per week. Thankfully, she did well during the procedure, and even managed to sneak in a nap, which is rare for her.
We did speak to 3 of her providers throughout the day, and we all agreed that she would start IV chemotherapy in addition to the new oral chemo that she started last week. Although it would have been ideal for her to start that on yesterday, we are still waiting on approval from our insurance company before getting started. Hopefully, that will be resolved next week so that we can move forward. While in conversation, we planned for John, Morgan & I to consult with another oncologist in the near future to get information on a bone marrow transplant. Although, we are not considering a transplant currently due to her previous side effects with treatment, we are just gathering information at this time.
Also, due to Morgan’s history of pulmonary hypertension with one of the chemotherapy’s that she received during her initial diagnosis, an EKG was performed yesterday before we left the hospital. We are waiting on results of it. In addition to that, an echocardiogram is being scheduled for next week. Let’s pray that these 2 test come back normal as she had a short episode of chest pain after starting oral chemo last week.
Well guys, I think that about sums it up. Thank you all for keeping up with Morgan’s journey, and continuing to show her & our family such love & support. If you are not already following her on Facebook and would like to do so, please click on the link to her Team Morgan page ( https://www.facebook.com/Team-Morgan-1965696367072741/ ) and be sure to follow this blog by hitting the follow button at the bottom of the screen. Thank you!