Hi, guys! I am so sorry for the late post, but I didn’t want to let the day pass without sending out a quick update. Although this week is Morgan’s rest week for IV chemo, she did have labs drawn yesterday morning. Following that appointment, John, Morgan and I also visited with an oncologist at a different hospital that specializes in bone marrow transplants.
After speaking to the physician at length, it was determined that she would need to do a full work up on Morgan before she would make a decision as to whether or not she would consider doing one on her. Given Morgan’s history of side effects from her initial diagnosis, she would need to make sure that her heart, lungs, liver, kidney, etc. could withstand the procedure or rather the weeks…months following it.
That said, we decided that we were not going to move forward with the testing, at this time. We would like to see how this round of treatment goes first. As I previously mentioned, the current regimen that Morgan is on requires daily oral chemotherapy and weekly IV chemotherapy once a week for 3 weeks x’s 6 months. We will stay on course with this plan for now, and change directions if/when the time comes.
With that said, today has been a pretty tiresome day for Morgan. She has been extremely fatigued. We are not sure if this is to be expected during the rest week, but were hoping that she will regain some energy real soon. On that note, I hope you guys have a wonderful next couple of days. We will plan on seeing you here Friday night and as always, on Facebook until then. Sweet dreams!